At 6:50 a.m. on August 13, 2007, my sister Dandan gave birth to a baby girl.
Now I’m the aunt of two nieces, Miaoyan and Dandan’s new baby. We haven’t come up with a name for her so we call her baby for now…maybe someone can recommend an English name for her?
I have been so busy…with my family and work. Lately we’ve been working a lot of overtime; sometimes I go from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., but on average my day goes from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Luckily, I live closer to my job now…but it’s still a long day. Maybe you can forgive my slacking off in the past when we were not busy.
We have many people here in China, so there is much competition. If you live in China, the goods you buy don’t seem cheaper than any other country, except the “fake” stuff. I am more into good quality and decent goods, so the knock-off products don’t interest me. We have to work hard to keep ahead, and stay focused.
Oh…here’s something very interesting. I know 13 is not a lucky number in the West. But this number really circles my family. Here are some observations:
1. My mother is 13 years older than my brother-in-law Caohui
2. Caohui is 13 years older than my sister.
3. I am 13 years older than Caihui's daughter Yueyue (Caihui was divorced before my sister)
4. Yueyue is 13 years older than my little newborn niece.
5. Yueyue was born in the hospital, bed number 13.
6. Caihui's birthday is March 13; my little niece's birthday is August 13.
Isn't it amazing?